I have begun practicing creating models of humans with a two perspective reference.  One is a front view and the other is a side view.  This helps with the realism of shape and depth on the x and y axis while still requiring some skill in order to finish it.  I need to be able to accurately judge the curvatures of the corners of a body and the curvatures of limbs.  I am able to accurately model and get the shapes right but it gets messy after smoothing.  Especially at the shoulders.  I think my problem is having too many edges and vertices at the core stage of the model before smoothing when I could easily rely on a subdivision surface modifier to do just as good of a job and make it easier and more fine tuned to model other parts after the body.  When the core is messy the arms get messy and then the legs, neck, and head follow.  The results may be the same but it takes so much longer to model when the workflow is filled with correcting errors that stem from uncorrected errors.

This is an unfinished version that I abandoned because of the length of time it took to accurately replicate the arms and legs with the messed up verticies from the shoulder socket which stems from the messed up positioning and unnecessary subdivision to create more detail early on.  With a little more patience and forward thinking a lot of these problems could have been easily avoided.  I am looking to use the finished model as a piece in a scene I am creating along side of it and submitting to the art show.

I have not gotten much done on the website with most of my focus on the art show and senior mastery.  My free time for those has even been limited due to my motorcycle safety courses of which I am not happy with and feel my time is being wasted with worthless Harley Davidson promotional schemes.  Yet I have managed to find some free time among work, school, school homework, safety courses, safety course homework, internship, and internship homework in order to work on a couple other projects such as the model and scene.