Photoshop

Monday and Tuesday I worked on more mediocre work to learn the tools and layers.  I found myself enjoying the cloning tool the most.  Making things that weren’t there before look like they belonged was really fun.  The photo below on the left is edited and the one on the right is the original.  I love the way the clone tool helped me make the tree look like in actually had vines crawling up on it.  I could’ve used it to remove the watermark but I didn’t think of that at the time and resorted to cropping.

forest1-edited forest1

I then moved into the brushes.  While I’m not an artist I was curious to see if these brushes could make drawing easier for me.  Unfortunately I couldn’t manage to make a well-looking drawing so I moved onto color editing of RAW photos.

I used the burn tool on the photo below to give the lips color.  I wanted to make an error in the code of this photo to make it look like the lady look like a malfunctioning robot as a sort of symbolism for our great advancements in technology having many faults.  I spent a day looking up coding languages and file formats to try and learn how to embed coding into a photo.  I learned a lot about coding but not what I specifically wanted.

misc-ps-edit

Alyssa Dugan

When Ms. Dugan came in I didn’t expect to be as intrigued as I was.  I always wanted to be a part of a game design team but was always shot down by the statistics showing the possibility of securing a job in game design.  Hearing how well their one game did without advertisement and seeing the game they were currently working on revived my dream of being a game designer.  My freshman year in high school I took a game design class.  I remember working in Alice for hours making the movements of characters as realistic as possible.  I even studied movements of people and things in real life to help me.  I would always study things in games from a game designer’s eye instead of a normal eye.  I would think about the formulas they made and used to create a stable in game economy, look at the map layouts to see why the game does or doesn’t flow right, think of characters or mechanics that they could edit/implement to fix an issue, etc…  To see a successful designer speak in a classroom I was accepted into really opened my eyes to the possibility that I could come out of this school and not only be a graphic designer, but be wanted by developers for being able to program and create art for a game.  I even started to try and learn code languages so I could write my own java scripts for a game as well.

Rubric

Rubrics are very important.  They show you want needs to be incorporated into a design and how you manage your time.