Illustrator

In Illustrator I have been working on a logo for my personal online accounts.  I spent 3 days sketching out many different, unique, designs for my logo in my notebook.  After many different renditions I settled on the design seen below.

img_4647

I started transferring my sketch from my notebook to Illustrator with a very strict scale of 0.5″ x 0.5″ squares to create each letter by hand to get the most genuine look out of my design. I changed the color of some to gray and cut them diagonally to make triangle to give the slants in each letter.

j4tfrost-logo-2-unfinished1

After finishing the base structure of my design I transferred my focus onto smoothing out the “R” and giving the Ice ball (the “o”) a more shiny-well-rounded look.

j4tfrost-logo-2-unfinished5

After polishing up the Ice ball I spent a whole day making each character in “J4T” and figuring out how to bend it around the ball making the ball look like an actual sphere.

j4tfrost-logo-final

I am planning to smooth the edges on the “S” and adding the detailing aesthetics to the ball (Icicles, snow, and faint transparency).

Line Project

I started the line project with one goal; to have a hidden message in each frame.  I don’t have a theme for all the boxes. I have just been going with the flow on it so far.

Music

I listen to music for the feeling/message it gives.  I don’t listen to a specific genre because so many songs are so well constructed and executed.  No matter what genre a song is categorized in, it gives its own feel and sends its own message, and that’s what intrigues me to a certain song or artist.  I usually listen to music to enhance my focus but leave my mind relatively clear so I can think more creatively.

State Fair

I have been taking pictures of things I view as part of everyday life trying to make them look magical through the lens of my camera.  I think the best way to impress the judges is to make them think about my picture instead of having it be cliche and replicable.  I’ve only been happy with one of my photos so far but I’m still looking for others.